Permanent residence is issued in the following case:
Permanent residence permit for the purpose of family unification (child of a foreign national with a permanent residence permit)
A foreign national applying for this permit as a minor child or adult dependent on a foreign national who is staying in the Czech Republic on the basis of a permanent residence permit, if the reason for the application is family unification, then he/she may apply for permanent residence for reasons of special consideration pursuant to §66/1/d of the Act on the Residence of Foreign Nationals, without meeting the condition of previous continuous residence in the Czech Republic.
A minor is understood to be a foreign national under 18 years, in the case of a minor foreign national’s application, the issue of dependency is not appraised. A dependent child is likewise understood to be a foreign national under 26 years, who studies continuously at a secondary school or higher education establishment abroad and the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports has not issued a decision as to whether this study is set at the level of studies at secondary school or higher education in the Czech Republic. A child’s dependency is appraised in accordance with the Act on State Social Support.
The above applications for permanent residence can be filed with the Czech Embassy in New Delhi.
Documents required for the application
- Application form duly filled and signed by the applicant could be downloaded, available on request from the Czech Embassy in New Delhi;,
- Travel document in original and photocopies of the passport of the applicant with all the pages required for the proof of photograph name, passport no., date of birth, date of birth, date of issue, date of expiry, mother’s name, father’s name, spouse’s name, children’s name, permanent residential address anad all the pages with the valid/expired visas of countries issued during last three years
- Photographs: Two
- Document confirming your purpose of application Birth/Marriage Certificate with superlegalization (apostille sticker from MEA in case of Indian origin document for SriLanka, Nepal, Bangladesh and Bhutan MEA attestation and further superlegailzation from the embassy) translated to Czech Language
- Proof of funds (all the documents should either in Czech language or should be translated to Czech)
- Proof of available accommodation Document (Certificate) of accommodation signed by the owner of the flat/house or rent agreement with the mentioned name of the applicant/s with statement from the land and immovable property register (výpis z katastru nemovitosti) or affidavit from the owner of the flat doklad_ubyt notary attested signature needed
- From the inviting person:
- Affidavit from the inviting person staying in CR confirming the financial securities that he/she will take care of all the corporal securities of him/her the applicant’s stay in CZE;,
- Copy of passport of the inviting person with all the data pages (photograph, name surname, passport no., date of birth, date of issue, date of expiry, mother’s name, father’s name, spouse’s name, permanent residential address stamp from the MOI for the residential address, copy present visa or copy of biometric card issued to the inviting person by MOI, Czech Republic.
- Supporting proof of income required for maintenance of joint household expenses
- The consent of a parent or any other statutory representative or guardian to the permanent residence of a child in the Czech Republic if the family reunification with such parent, statutory representative or guardian is not concerned; this provision shall not apply if a foreign national proves that he/she is a unable to submit such document due to reasons beyond his/her control
- Police Clearance Certificate;,
- Fees: Once the embassy considers the application as admissible then only the application charges and/or attestation charges are received (in Indian Rupees in cash as updated in accordance with the Forex rates);, and
- Overseas travel Insurance (for the duration of visit/stay) is required at the time of collection of the issued visa from the embassy.